Knowing Your Role in the Protection of Children.
Crime Victim Center offers Mandated Reporter Certified Training.
There is a $10 fee per person.
Preregistration is required. Register by calling the office at 814-455-9414.
We have dates set for 2019 for trainings here at CVC:
Thursday, February 21
Thursday, April 4
Tuesday, June 18
Thursday, July 18
Tuesday, August 27
Thursday, October 24
Tuesday, December 10
Off-site trainings can be held for larger groups; please call for details.
At the conclusion of the 3-hour training, participants will receive a certificate of completion to satisfy requirements.
Developed by PCAR (Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape) this training is approved by the Department of Human Services in accordance with Act 31 of 2014 (*AS OF December 1, 2014) and Act 48 with the Department of Education. This curriculum satisfies the requirements of Act 126 for school personnel.
Are You A Mandated Reporter?
- A person licensed or certified to practice in any health-related field.
- A medical examiner, coroner or funeral director.
- An employee of a health care facility or provider who is engaged in the admission, examination, care or treatment of individuals.
- A school employee.
- An employee of a child care service, who has contact with children in the course of employment.
- A clergymen, priest, rabbi, minister, Christian Science practitioner, religious healer or spiritual leader of any regularly established church or other religious organization.
- An independent contractor.
- An emergency medical services provider.
- An individual paid or unpaid, who, on the basis of the individual’s role as and integral part of a regularly scheduled program, activity or service, accepts responsibility for a child.
- An employee of a social services agency, who has direct contact with children in the course of employment
- A peace officer or law enforcement official.
- An employee of a public library, who has direct contact with children in the course of employment.
- An individual supervised or managed by a mandated reporter who has direct contact with children in the course of employment.
- Attorneys affiliated with an agency, organization or institution that is responsible for the care, supervision, guidance or control of children.
- A foster parent.
We are pleased to partner with the Sorek Family again this year, combining forces (and 5ks) and resources to present the Abram Sorek Memorial Race on Saturday, April 7th at 9am at Presque Isle’s Rotary Pavilion. There will be a 10k, 5k, and 1 mile run/walk. Proceeds from the race will benefit the Abram Sorek Scholarship Fund and the Crime Victim Center of Erie, which provides direct victim services, community education and outreach. Please spread the word, march against crime, and keep Abram’s memory alive.
Abe touched many lives, and this race will keep his memory alive forever. Abram lived his life vibrantly. Many of his passions included nature, lacrosse, fishing, hiking, and working out. He has a dynamic personality and was a great athlete and friend. He had a little mischievous spirit as well – always living with grace and full of laughter.
Abram gave anyone he met the feeling that they belonged regardless of where they came from or where they were going. He could make anyone laugh; He was much like the sun in many people’s life. His light was so bright that it warmed your heart, you couldn’t help but to smile when you were around him.