Knowing Your Role in the Protection of Children.
Crime Victim Center offers Mandated Reporter Certified Training.
There is a $10 fee per person.
Preregistration is required. Register by calling the office at 814-455-9414.
Off-site trainings can be held for larger groups; please call for details.
At the conclusion of the 3-hour training, participants will receive a certificate of completion to satisfy requirements.
Developed by PCAR (Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape) this training is approved by the Department of Human Services in accordance with Act 31 of 2014 (*AS OF December 1, 2014) and Act 48 with the Department of Education. This curriculum satisfies the requirements of Act 126 for school personnel.
Are You A Mandated Reporter?
- A person licensed or certified to practice in any health-related field.
- A medical examiner, coroner or funeral director.
- An employee of a health care facility or provider who is engaged in the admission, examination, care or treatment of individuals.
- A school employee.
- An employee of a child care service, who has contact with children in the course of employment.
- A clergymen, priest, rabbi, minister, Christian Science practitioner, religious healer or spiritual leader of any regularly established church or other religious organization.
- An independent contractor.
- An emergency medical services provider.
- An individual paid or unpaid, who, on the basis of the individual’s role as and integral part of a regularly scheduled program, activity or service, accepts responsibility for a child.
- An employee of a social services agency, who has direct contact with children in the course of employment
- A peace officer or law enforcement official.
- An employee of a public library, who has direct contact with children in the course of employment.
- An individual supervised or managed by a mandated reporter who has direct contact with children in the course of employment.
- Attorneys affiliated with an agency, organization or institution that is responsible for the care, supervision, guidance or control of children.
- A foster parent.