Mandated Reporter Training
Due to low attendance rates, we are no longer holding monthly trainings.
Training dates will be announced on Facebook and website. If you are interested in group training contact Amy at 814-455-9414.
These sessions will take place at CVC Erie from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
There is a $10 fee per person.
Preregistration is required. Register by calling the office at 814-455-9414.
Off-site trainings can be held for larger groups; please call for details.
At the conclusion of the 3-hour training, participants will receive a certificate of completion to satisfy requirements.
Developed by PCAR (Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape) this training is approved by the Department of Human Services in accordance with Act 31 of 2014 (*AS OF December 1, 2014) and Act 48 with the Department of Education. This curriculum satisfies the requirements of Act 126 for school personnel.
Are You A Mandated Reporter?
- A person licensed or certified to practice in any health-related field.
- A medical examiner, coroner or funeral director.
- An employee of a health care facility or provider who is engaged in the admission, examination, care or treatment of individuals.
- A school employee.
- An employee of a child care service, who has contact with children in the course of employment.
- A clergymen, priest, rabbi, minister, Christian Science practitioner, religious healer or spiritual leader of any regularly established church or other religious organization.
- An independent contractor.
- An emergency medical services provider.
- An individual paid or unpaid, who, on the basis of the individual’s role as and integral part of a regularly scheduled program, activity or service, accepts responsibility for a child.
- An employee of a social services agency, who has direct contact with children in the course of employment
- A peace officer or law enforcement official.
- An employee of a public library, who has direct contact with children in the course of employment.
- An individual supervised or managed by a mandated reporter who has direct contact with children in the course of employment.
- Attorneys affiliated with an agency, organization or institution that is responsible for the care, supervision, guidance or control of children.
- A foster parent.