Individual & Group Counseling
FREE and CONFIDENTIAL counseling is available regardless of when the crime occurred or whether it was reported to law enforcement. Services are for children, adults, males and females. This includes children who have been abused or who have witnessed the abuse of others.
Supportive counselors reinforce the benefits of crisis intervention by providing victims and significant others with emotional support, helping them understand their feelings and allowing the victim to share specific fears and anxieties associated with the crime.
Counselors can help victims in a variety of ways, including:
- Developing appropriate coping skills
- Providing a support system
- Directing victims to other services they may need
- Educating victims about the dynamics of violence
- Helping to reduce the traumatic effects of the crime
Schedule an Appointment:
To schedule an appointment with a sexual assault counselor for you or your child, please call: 814-455-9414
To schedule an appointment with a violent crime counselor for you or you child, please call: 814-455-9515
If you are out of the calling area, you can reach someone from either program toll free: 800-352-7273
One of the most successful sessions we offer is our Adult Healing Group.
The Adult Healing Group is an open workshop (men/women aged 18+) held every Wednesday evening from 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. It’s a unique environment where participants can share thoughts and feelings in a confidential and caring atmosphere. Healing is encouraged through communication, art projects, and worksheets. All are welcome to attend.
- If you or someone you know could benefit from CVC’s Adult Healing Group give us a call at (814) 455-9414 to get more details on the sessions.