Crisis intervention helps to reduce a victim’s specific fears and anxieties following a sexual assault or other violent crime.
Crisis issues may occur immediately after an attack, when the victim discloses the assault or even after another event triggers a reaction.
Intervention begins with the initial period of trauma for the victim and his or her significant others.
The crisis intervention services we offer include:
- Contact with an agency counselor, either in person or over the phone
- Accompaniment to the police interviews or
- Accompaniment to medical treatment.
- Assessment of victims’ emotional needs
- Information about police and medical procedures
- Referrals for additional services.
To speak to a sexual assault counselor, please call: 814-455-9414
To speak to a violent crime counselor, please call: 814-455-9515
If you are out of the calling area, you can reach someone from either program toll free: 800-352-7273